We help local government operate more efficiently…
That’s all we do
- Total Integration
According to Webster’s Definitions Total is “involving a complete and unified effort especially to achieve a desired effect” and Integration is defined as “an act or instance of combining into an integral whole”. Combine our systems and services to better manage the complexities of your organization. Create a more cohesive, efficient system that works for you.
- Problem Solvers
Our employees are among the highest caliber professionals in their discipline. From Fund Accounting to Project Management to Code Enforcement to Utility Billing, we assign the appropriate experts to your project. They quickly become familiar with team and your work flow. Present us with a problem and we will provide options to efficiently manage those problems. We are problem solvers.
- Oursourced Services
Times are tight. Cutting back staff hours and dealing with ongoing inefficiencies is making it harder to stay within your budget. We are well equipped to help on many levels. There is a trend in Municipal Government to outsource items like Utility Billing, Payroll, Bookkeeping and Project Management to a trusted and proven partner. Dallas Data Systems, Inc. can be that partner.
- SOC 1 Authorized
A SOC 1 Report (Service Organization Controls Report) is a report on Controls at a Service Organization which are relevant to user entities’ internal control over financial reporting. The SOC1 Report is what you would have previously considered to be the standard SAS70, complete with a Type I and Type II reports, but falls under the SSAE 16 guidance.
IMPORTANT FILING INFORMATION
YEAR END PREPARATION
- Accounts Payable Preparation
- Order 2016 tax forms (1099,1096) or apply for a transmitter control code if filing electronically
- Review vendor 1099 types and ID numbers & addresses in “Modify Existing Vendors” to ensure your information is accurate.
- Review 1099 amounts using the 1099 Reconciliation reports (both invoice and vendor).
- Print the Vendor List report and compare it to the I-9 that the vendors send with the information to use on the 1099.
- Payroll Preparation
- Verify employee’s Social Security Numbers
- Verify Federal and State ID numbers (Verify pay code settings.)
- Box 12 codes on W-2’s and those used for calculations on tax pay codes (SSN, Medicare, Federal & State taxes)
- Order your 2016 tax forms (W-2, W-3 unless filing electronically)
- Balance your quarterly and year end reports to the end of the 3rd quarter.
- ACA Preparation
- Determine ALE Status and review reporting requirements at: ALE Status
- Review reporting deadlines for tax year 2016
- Order forms (1094 and 1095)
- If filing electronically, must be registered with IRS E- Services and apply for Information Return Transmittal Control Code
Please contact DDS if you would like to schedule year end support and/or need a referral for purchasing forms.
A: Go to Accounts Payable > Organization > Organization. Select the Interfaces tab and mark the “Allow activity reporting” box in the General Ledger tab. Now you can add Activity Numbers to Requisitions, Purchase Orders, and Invoices.
GOING ON A DALLAS DATA SYSTEMS
Dallas Data Systems, Inc. has been chosen by the State to be a representative vendor in the area of Municipal Software Systems. All of our products are available through the COSTARS purchasing program.
Sure we can respond to your RFP but did you know that we can build and write these type of documents as well?
With our Specialty Services we can cover a lot of territory such as managing the financials for larger projects or write documentation that can help you receive a state grant. And that’s just the start!
- Visit us at the following shows
- Holiday Hours
- New Year’s Day -1/01/2016
- Martin Luther King Day – 1/18/2016
- President’s Day – 2/15/2016
- Good Friday – 3/25/2016
- Memorial Day – 5/30/2016
- Independence Day – 7/4/2016
- Labor Day – 9/5/2016
- Columbus Day – 10/10/2016
- Veterans Day – 11/11/2016
- Thanksgiving Day – 11/24/2016
- Black Friday – 11/25/2016
- Christmas Holiday – 12/23/2016
- Christmas Day – 12/26/2016 (Observed)