We help local government operate more efficiently…
That’s all we do
WHAT WE DO
Our Municipal Software Systems are beautifully implemented, easy to use and very diverse
TIP OF THE MONTH
Q: How can I be ready for W-2’s the first week of January?
A: Start verifying employees’ Social Security Numbers (SSN) and Taxpayer Identification Numbers (TIN) today. Then once your final payroll of the year is complete, you can start running reports for verification.
GOING ON AT DALLAS DATA SYSTEMS
IMPORTANT FILING INFORMATION
Forms 1095-B and 1095-C due to employees (to be postmarked if mailed, or sent by e-mail if applicable conditions met)
Forms 1094-B, 1095-B, 1094-C and 1095-C due to IRS if filing on paper.
Forms 1094-B, 1095-B, 1094-C and 1095-C due to IRS if filing electronically.
YEAR END PREPARATION
- Order 2016 tax forms (1099,1096) or apply for a transmitter control code if filing electronically.
- Review vendor 1099 types and ID numbers & addresses in “Modify Existing Vendors” to ensure your information is accurate.
- Review 1099 amounts using the 1099 Reconciliation reports (both invoice and vendor).
- Print the Vendor List report and compare it to the I-9 that the vendors send with the information to use on the 1099.
- Verify employee’s Social Security Numbers
- Verify Federal and State ID numbers (Verify pay code settings.)
- Box 12 codes on W-2’s and those used for calculations on tax pay codes (SSN, Medicare, Federal & State taxes)
- Order your 2016 tax forms (W-2, W-3 unless filing electronically)
- Balance your quarterly and year end reports to the end of the 3rd quarter.
Please contact us if you would like to schedule year end support and/or need a referral for purchasing forms.